The NBA Foundations is a directive that will “drive economic empowerment for Black communities through employment and career advancements”, and today they announced the first-ever Board of Directors which includes the 76ers Tobias Harris.
Tobias was the face of the 76ers during the protests following the murder of George Floyd. Tobias, along with Matisse Thybulle, were seen walking the streets to stand up against police brutality and took on a role with the team to further their social impact while in the bubble. Now Tobias will continue his fight while serving on the Board of Directors for the NBA Foundation.
The members of the board are:
- Harrison Barnes, Kings Forward
- Gayle Benson, Pelicans Governor
- Tobias Harris, 76ers Forward
- Micheal Jordan, Hornets Chairman
- Tony Ressler, Hawks Owner
- Michele Roberts, NBAPA Executive Director
- Larry Tanenbaum, NBA Board of Governors Chairman and Raptors Governor